Bò lá lốt (Grilled beef wrapped in piper lolot) recipe
I am back from a long hiatus! Been working on various things and getting my business set up. Finally gotten the time to sit down and share with everyone this new recipe.
- 600g beef fillet
- One basket of fresh baby piper lolot (not too small)
- 150g roasted peanuts
- 50g minced lemon grass
- 50g meat fat (mỡ thịt)
- 150g Vietnamese seasoning sauce (mắm nêm)
- Banana leaf, rice paper, bánh hỏi, star fruit, sour banana
- Spring sprout, lemon, chili, ½ pineapple
- Seasoning: pepper, black pepper, garlic, soya sauce, salt, seasoning powder, and sugar
- Beef: slice, mince, marinate with: minced garlic (1 coffee spoon), pepper (1 coffee spoon), seasoning powder (1/2 coffee spoon), salt (1/2 coffee spoon) + sugar (1 coffee spoon) + soya sauce (2 table spoons), minced lemongrass (1 table spoon).
- Meat fat: boil half of it, then mince. Then squeeze the other half to make liquid fat.
- Mix beef, meat fat, peanuts and pepper
- Scoope the mixture above and place on small pieces of Piper lolot, wrap carefully, then skewer in a grill stick or arrange on a grill plate with banana leaf on it
- Grill the wrapped meat on low fire, when done spread the liquid fat over them to make it look more tasty (you can skip the fat if you re health conscious or have heart / cholesterol problem J)
- When the pipper lolot shrunk and stick to the meat, it is considered done
- How to make the sauce: the meat fat should be stir-fried with minced lemongrass, then add in minced pineapple to stir fry until they turn into a yellowish color. After that, pour in boiled water, add sugar, seasoning powder, mắm nêm and lemonade. Mix well and season to your taste. Lastly, add in minced chili.
- Place the wrapped meat into a bowl / plate and enjoy with some vegetable, rice paper, bánh hỏi, and star fruits.
That’s it! Hope you enjoy the dish and don’t forget to bookmark our page!